SYNTHESYS+ Workshop on Training Needs
Under the SYNTHESYS+ project, one task is currently addressing training needs and developing methods of providing training for the skills necessary to create and work with digital collections. Within this task, the respective task partners will meet on 22-23 January 2020 at the National Museum of Natural History in Paris, France. The workshop will be held in cooperation with the Distributed European School of Taxonomy (DEST), GBIF, and TDWG.
The scope of these training activities include:
- the implementation of training processes,
- optimizing data mobilisation, processing, analysis, and cloud storage,
- facilitating digital collection management,\
- expanding citizen science initivtives, and
- dissemniating bio- and geodiversity policies, best practices and standards.
The workshop will catalogue existing training modules, identify gaps and launch the setup of a multi-annual DiSSCo training programme. If you would like to get involved and support this important work, you can send us any training courses your institution offers that match the training objectives. We could then also help disseminating your training activities through DEST.
For any further question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.